What is included in the hire charge?
– Exclusive use of the NCEM including the church, gardens, meeting room and foyer
– Use of up to 12 x 5ft diameter round tables
– Use of up to 7 x 6ft trestle tables
– Use of up to 180 black and blue conference chairs
– Use of projector, screen and laptop if required
– Use of PA system for background music and wireless hand-held microphone for speeches
– Use of staging for band or DJ if required
– Cash and card bar serving a wide range of bottled ales, lagers, wines, spirits and soft drinks.
– Draught ale is also available on request
Also available for additional costs:
– Use of Bosendorfer grand piano: £50 + VAT
– Tuning of piano: £80 + VAT (this may not be required if we have had the piano tuned shortly before your event)
– Use of LED t-lights to decorate the church: £20 + VAT (approx. 80 t-lights)
What parking is available at the venue?
There are 6 car parking spaces available for you to use in the venue car park, however this must include parking for your suppliers if required. The closest car park to the NCEM is Peel Street, which is approximately a 4-minute walk away. Click here
When can we set up and clear away before and after our event?
The venue hire fee includes exclusive use of the venue for the day of your wedding only. All setting up and clearing away should be done on the day. There may be however, the possibility of setting up the day before or clearing away the day after your event if the venue is not in use and you are willing to pay an additional fee.
What size are your tables?
We have eight 6ft long trestle table and twelve round 5ft diameter round tables. Round tables seat a maximum of 10 people although 8/9 is more comfortable.
What drinks do you serve on the bar?
We serve red, white and rose house wine, a selection of bottled ales, lager and cider and a selection of spirits including vodka, gin, rum, whisky and others with a good stock of soft drinks and mixers. It is possible for us to arrange draught ale for your wedding, however you would be required to buy from us whatever remains unsold and this should be ordered at least a month in advance of your wedding. Unfortunately we are not able to serve draught lager.
What are your licensing times for serving alcohol?
From Monday to Saturday 10.00am to 11.00pm Sunday 12 noon to 10.30pm Please ask about Bank Holidays
Is it possible to arrange to extend the license times?
No because we are in a residential area.
Are we able to use our own caterers?
Bradshaws of York are our designated caterers and can provide a variety of options for your wedding breakfast and evening food. They can also cater for all kinds of dietary requirements. It is not possible to use your own caterers.
Are there any decorations that you do not allow at the venue?
Unfortunately we cannot allow the following decorations:
– Helium Balloons
– Confetti (except for real rose petals)
– Any decorations that need fixing to walls (you can tie decorations to attachments around the venue or stick to stone pillars)
– Party poppers
Are there any suppliers you would recommend to us?
Yes, our recommendation for photographers, florists, furniture hire, traditional and cheese cakes, musicians and accommodation are included in our hire pack so please download this from the website here Hire Pack